What Is The Benefit and Advantage to Advisory Panel Participants?
The feature, advantage, and benefit to a client for participating in your advisory panel is as follows:
“I am inviting you to join my Client Advisory Group (feature) for the purpose of sharing your candid opinions and ideas (advantage) to help me serve you and others in your local community (benefit).”
To present this properly:
- Be selective about who you ask.
- Ask those who you think might say no first. They are the most influential and seem the busiest. Make this a special invitation for them and for you.
- Ask only that they commit to breakfast, lunch, or dinner every few months (at most four times per year).
- Hold the meeting in a different location to stimulate creativity.
- Have an agenda and key questions for the group (including marketing/sales ideas, pieces, process).
For additional resources, please visit my website at: www.richardweylman.com for articles and marketing tips on this subject that you will find useful.