I want to work with more physicians – where should I start?
Good to hear from you.
Here are some suggestions that might be of assistance to you:
- Ask your client to which organization he belongs that supports his specialty.
- Find out all you can about this organization from the web and also call the public affairs office of the association or professional emphasis group and ask for an informational package.
- To leverage your existing relationship, ask your client to setup and attend a breakfast or lunch with the president or executive director and yourself, so you can discover how you might be a financial resource to them. During this meeting, out how the members network and communicate with one another, and ask questions to determine how you can get involved in the organization.
- Attend a meeting to begin the process of positioning yourself as a financial resource to them.
- Make a list of 10 gastroenterolists who are members, and ask your client to introduce you to them at the next meeting.
This will open the door for you.