How Do I Set Up a Client Advisory Committee?
Advisory Group Suggestions:
- 3-5 clients per group (not less, not more) as you want well-rounded ideas and participation from all.
- You can have multiple groups based upon your markets, for example: one for each of the food industry, the medical industry, and charitable and recreational markets.
- Avoid surveys—they are static and do not foster ideas and brainstorming. Meet quarterly for breakfast/lunch. Have an agenda. Set a time frame. Move it along—make it important.
- Be sure to take notes. Have your assistant attend to take notes providing they are a good note taker. Do not record the sessions as it will intimidate and restrict discussions.
- Rotate ½ of the group annually (18-24 months service maximum) to bring in new ideas, thinking, and input.
- Finally, ask people who are thinkers to be a part of the “inner circle”, not just those who want to please you. You need objective views.
Keep us posted and keep up the good work.