Making Your Clients Feel Appreciated
Tuesday 06 July 2010
It seems like it would be common sense that making your clients feel appreciated would be good for business, but unfortunately, most of us are not doing as good a job at it as we should be doing.
Here are some ideas on how to easily accomplish this task and help stabilize the relationship with your current clients:
- Tell them you appreciate them and their business. This sounds too simple but can make a big impact with very little effort. During any and all communication with clients, be sure to include a comment about how much you appreciate them choosing to do business with you.
- Make your top clients feel they are part of an exclusive group. Host special events for them – several a year – and allow them to bring friends and family as guests. This serves two purposes – you give them a great experience, and you make contact with prospective new clients who are in the same financial category. Just make sure the event is unique and unforgettable!
- Listen to what your client wants. Most clients will show a deeper faithfulness to someone who really listens to their needs and acts accordingly, than to someone who responds according to what they think the client needs.
- Make your time spent with clients enjoyable for them. Show them respect, listen attentively, communicate well and let them see that you enjoy what you are doing, and spending time with them, also!
- Make them feel important. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Mary Kay Ash of Mary Kay Cosmetics, followed this life philosophy: “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around their neck that reads, ‘Make me feel important’.”
We sometimes get so involved in running our business that we forget that our clients are our business! Start today implementing these ideas to make your clients feel appreciated, and you will see unbelievable growth in your business!