Elevate the Experience!
Tuesday 15 June 2010
What are you doing to “elevate the experience” for your clients and prospects? The large majority of clients who leave their financial professional do so not because of anything to do with the product or investment plan being offered, but because of the service (or lack thereof) being offered. I recently read that a well-known cosmetics mogul followed this life philosophy: “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around their neck that reads, ‘Make me feel important’.”
How can we do that with our clients and prospects? Here are just a few ideas:
- Be responsive to all inquiries and answer within 8 hours whenever possible.
- Set up a system to send notes, flowers or gifts on a client’s special days, such as birthdays, anniversaries (wedding & business), to recognize accomplishments, etc.
- Set up a personal communication plan for each individual client. Let them decide how often they would like to be contacted and how, and then schedule those contacts on your calendar so you are sure to remember.
- Create an “Owners Manual” for each client giving them important information they need such as a list of people to call for various services within your office.
- Remember – pay attention to the little things and they always lead to bigger things!
Be sure to make your clients “feel important” and it will create great loyalty in return!