Stand Out From the Crowd
Tuesday 20 April 2010
Just meeting your clients’ expectations is not enough. You must elevate their impression of you and your firm and exceed their expectations! Here are some ideas to help you position yourself as distinct:
- Build trust with your clients. People do business with people they trust.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about what you do. It will rub off on your clients and even generate referral business for you.
- Treat your clients the way you would like to be treated – in other words, follow the Golden Rule!
- Know the details of the charities and organizations that your clients are passionate about.
- Listen! Start the conversation with a few good questions, and then be quiet and listen carefully to their responses.
- Use good manners. This is something that is sorely lacking in our world today. Be sure you say “please” and “thank you” and even send them a hand-written note. Thank them even for saying “no”!
This subject is addressed in detail in our Elevating and Exceeding Client Expectations curriculum, available on DVD and the Online University in THE WEYLMAN CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN PRACTICE MANAGEMENT™